NSG Phase 1 Revised Pool Procedures
The welfare and safety of everyone remains our highest priority and we have been working hard preparing to safely resume swimming lessons. To adapt to the new normal, we have adopted the following measures during phase 1 of our return. Please bear in mind this is an enforced, new way of operating for everyone so we appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding at this time. Find out here how we are keeping everyone safe during Covid-19.
Phase 1 will involve swimmers from Stages 4-10 starting back first. We absolutely love teaching our beginner Stage 1 & 2 Red Hats and Stage 3 Yellow Hats but would like to give them time to settle back into school and experience social distancing prior to joining us again later when safe to do so. Additionally, during Phase 1 teachers will NOT be in the water and will be teaching from the poolside.
Preparing for your Wizards swimming lesson
Please do not attend lessons if you or a member of your household is showing ANY symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) has knowingly been in contact with someone displaying symptoms or have a confirmed case of Covid-19. Remain at home and contact 111 for advice.
- To reduce time spent in the changing rooms, swimmers will need to arrive “beach ready” with swimwear under easy to remove clothing on poolside.
- A kit bag with their towel, swimming hat, goggles (Stage 5+) etc should be provided and will accompany your swimmer onto poolside.
- Showers will not be available at the pool in phase 1 so please, shower your Wizard at home, before and after swimming.
- Changing rooms will be exit only (used only after swimming) with reduced maximum occupancy levels.
- Swimmers will be given a 10-minute window to briefly dry, dress and leave the facility. Lots of our swimmers already choose to bring a onesie, dry robe, or poncho towel to go home in after a brief towel dry in the changing rooms. We ask that all swimmers adopt this where possible to minimise time spent in the changing rooms.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the facility, but we advise swimmers to bring a small bottle for personal use.
- Toilets are only available to swimmers so please – go before you leave!
- Teachers cannot help with hats, so we advise swimmer putting them on in advance.
To reduce adult interaction and maintain social distancing:
Due to the extremely limited spectator area and changing facilities at NSG unfortunately, Parents/Guardians will not be permitted to enter the pool facility unless:
Swimmers under the age of 8 – One Parent/Guardian (no siblings) will be permitted to enter the pool facility and spectate if your Wizard needs assistance changing after their lesson has ended.
Swimmers aged 8 and over – Only swimmers will be admitted into the facility. Unfortunately, no Parents/Guardians will be permitted to enter unless essential and arranged in advance via email.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all adults and swimmers over the age of 11 entering the facility (unless medically exempt) and must always be worn. Face coverings for swimmers under the age of 11 will be optional. Swimmers face coverings must be removed during lessons.
- A member of the Water Wizards team will be greeting everyone at the pool entrance so please adhere to social distancing guidelines when queuing to enter and step aside/wait if your entry or exit point is blocked/in use.
Arriving at the pool
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the start of your swimmer’s lesson as entry to the facility is not possible until your swimmers allocated time.
- Take care to socially distance while parking and exiting your car.
- Please only park in an allocated parking bay and not in the bus bays directly outside the swimming pool or the bus turning circle at the bottom end of the car park.
- The entrance to the pool will be marked out with a queuing system for dropping swimmers off and picking swimmers up. Please adhere to social distancing guidelines when queuing to enter/exit and step aside/wait if your entry or exit point is blocked/in use.
- NHS Test and Trace information will be taken and held for 21 days from the date of your visit and only shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested. Please ensure your contact details are up to date including the name of the accompanying adult and their mobile phone number.
- If you are accompanying a swimmer under the age of 8 into the pool your temperature will be checked before entering and you will need your face covering on to enter. Anyone with a temperature of 37.7 degrees or above will not be permitted to enter the pool building and should contact 111.
- Remember to use the hand sanitiser stations on entry and periodically throughout your visit.
- If you are dropping off a swimmer – once registered at the entrance, please return to your car and wait. Your swimmer can enter the facility and will be greeted by a member of our team.
- Please remain in your car or leave the school site until 5 minutes before the end of your swimmer’s lesson.
- During the pandemic, the entire school site is off limits so please do not congregate or wait outside of your car anywhere within the school grounds.
During your Wizards swimming lesson
Over the first few weeks all swimmers returning to the pool will have a recap on the swimming pool safety rules and water safety information and will not be expected to perform anything too strenuous! This will be a time for teachers and swimmers to reconnect, have some fun and enjoy being in the pool again.
- Changing rooms will be exit only (used only after swimming) so swimmers will be directed to a socially distanced space on poolside where they can change and place all belongings into their kit bag.
- If you are accompanying a swimmer under the age of 8 who requires assistance the spectator area has been reduced to account for social distancing. Chairs have been arranged at 1m+. We always require you to wear a face covering and to face the pool. Please follow all instructions and remain seated until your swimmer’s lesson is over.
After your Wizards swimming lessons
- Lesson times have been staggered to help with social distancing and changing room congestion.
- Changing rooms will be monitored by a member of the Water Wizards team to ensure social distancing, swimmer safety and cleaning between sessions is carried out.
- If you are accompanying a swimmer under the age of 8 who requires assistance, please wait until instructed to leave your seat and exit the pool via the changing room door on pool side.
- Swimmers exiting lessons will be given a 10-minute window to briefly dry, dress and leave the facility.
- Lots of our swimmers already choose to bring a onesie, dry robe, or poncho towel to go home in after a brief towel dry in the changing rooms. We ask that all swimmers adopt this where possible to minimise time spent in the changing rooms.
- Showers will not be available in phase 1 so swimmers will need to shower at home.
Leaving the facility
- Swimmers will not be permitted to leave until a member of our team can verify your identity so please be ready to collect promptly using the signposted area.
- We ask that everyone leaves the facility promptly without chatting or congregating.
NSG pool procedures video
We had fun making a video to help show how our lessons at NSG will look during Phase 1 of our Covid secure swimming lessons, take a look!
We appreciate your patience, understanding and willingness to support us through this difficult time and remember, we do this for our Wizards!