NSB Spring 2023 Pool Procedures
The welfare and safety of everyone remains our highest priority. We have introduced the following measures which we ask all Parents/Guardians to read and adopt prior to starting. We appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding.
It was all amazingly well organised and safe, well done to you all for doing such a great job.Alex, Northampton
Preparing for your Wizards swimming lessons
Do not attend lessons if you or your swimmer has a confirmed case of Covid-19.
Please consider that the spectator area is limited, and seating is allocated on a first come, first served basis. We do not allow standing or overcrowding of the spectator area for fire safety reasons.
For Stages 3-10 to reduce time spent in the changing rooms, swimmers will need to arrive “beach ready” with swimwear under easy to remove clothing.
We can only admit one adult per swimmer into the pool facility with a maximum total of two adults if you have 2 or more swimmers attending lessons.
Arriving at the pool
- Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of your swimmer’s lesson as entry to the facility is not possible until your swimmers allocated time.
- For yellow hats and above (Stages 3-10). We can admit one adult per swimmer into the pool facility (with a maximum total of two adults if you have 2 or more swimmers) to spectate if required. If you are dropping off a swimmer (and not spectating) please remain in your car or leave the school site until 5 minutes before the end of your swimmer’s lesson ready to meet them at the pool entrance.
- Red hat swimmers (Stages 1-2) will require a Parent/Guardian to enter the changing rooms to supervise and help their swimmer get changed and then spectate in the normal way.
To minimise time spent in the changing rooms
- Stages 3-10 (Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black/Silver Hat) swimmers will still need to arrive “beach ready” with swimwear under easy to remove clothing.
- For Stage 1-2 (Red Hat) swimmers the changing rooms will be available to change before their lesson.
- Everyone must remove outdoor footwear before entering the changing rooms. You are welcome to bring clean indoor flip-flops/sliders/overshoes or any other non-slip suitable footwear to change into after removing your outdoor shoes.
After your Wizards swimming lesson
- All swimmers will be given a 10-minute changing window after lessons to briefly dry, dress and leave the facility. Lots of our swimmers already choose to bring a onesie, dry robe, or poncho towel to go home in after a brief towel dry in the changing rooms. We ask that ALL swimmers adopt this where possible to minimise time spent in the changing rooms.
- Only adults with Red hat swimmers / a swimmer under the age of 8 / swimmers who may need assistance changing / or we have agreed with you should enter the changing rooms after lessons. 5 minutes before their lesson finishes, please leave the spectator area and enter the changing rooms via the corridor changing room doors.
- If you are just spectating a swimmer, please leave the spectator area via the corridor after their lesson has finished and wait for them outside or in the swimming pool foyer.
Leaving the facility
- Swimmers will not be permitted to leave until a member of our team can verify your identity. If not spectating please be ready to collect promptly 5 minutes before the end of your swimmer’s lesson using the signposted area.
- We ask that everyone leaves the facility promptly without chatting or congregating.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and willingness to support us through this difficult time and remember, we do this for our Wizards!