NSB Autumn/Winter Pool Procedures
The welfare and safety of everyone remains our highest priority. We have been working hard preparing to safely resume swimming lessons for all after restrictions have been lifted. To adapt to the new normal, we have introduced the following measures which we ask all Parents/Guardians to read and adopt prior to starting. We appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding.
It was all amazingly well organised and safe, well done to you all for doing such a great job.Alex, Northampton
Preparing for your Wizards swimming lesson
Please do not attend lessons if you or a member of your household are showing ANY symptoms of Covid-19 has knowingly been in contact with someone displaying symptoms or have a confirmed case of Covid-19. Stay at home and get a test.
Covid-19 is spread through close contact with people who have the virus. People with the virus can spread it even if they do not have symptoms. The risk of catching Covid-19 is highest indoors and in crowded places which is why the school continue to limit the number of adults able to enter the pool facility to ONE Parent/Guardian per swimming family.
Face coverings are still mandatory for all adults (unless medically exempt) and must always be worn so please remember to bring one.
For Stages 3-10 to reduce time spent in the changing rooms, swimmers will still need to arrive “beach ready” with swimwear under easy to remove clothing on poolside. A kit bag with their towel, swimming hat etc should be provided and will accompany your swimmer onto poolside.
We can only admit a maximum of ONE ADULT per swimming family so please leave your partner/family members/friends/siblings etc at home.
Arriving at the pool
- Please be considerate to all uses of the pool facility and reduce close contact to an absolute minimum. Remember to use our hand sanitising stations during your visit.
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the start of your swimmer’s lesson as entry to the facility is not possible until your swimmers allocated time.
- As the weather gets colder, please remember to ask your Wizard to wear a coat or other appropriate winter clothing.
- For yellow hats and above (Stages 3-10) the changing rooms will continue to be exit only (used only after swimming) so swimmers will be directed onto poolside where they can change and place all belongings into their kit bag. ONE Parent/Guardian per swimming family will now be permitted to enter the pool facility and spectate if required. If you are dropping off a swimmer (and not spectating) please remain in your car or leave the school site until 5 minutes before the end of your swimmer’s lesson ready to meet them at the pool entrance.
- Red hat swimmers (Stages 1-2) will require ONE Parent/Guardian to enter the changing rooms to supervise and help their swimmer get changed and then spectate in the normal way.
A member of the Water Wizards team will be greeting everyone at the pool entrance so please step aside/wait when asked if your entry or exit point is blocked/in use.
To minimise time spent in the changing rooms
- Stages 3-10 (Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black/Silver Hat) swimmers will still need to arrive “beach ready” with swimwear under easy to remove clothing on poolside. Changing rooms will remain exit only (used only after swimming) for these Stages.
- A kit bag with their towel, swimming hat etc should be provided and will accompany your swimmer onto poolside.
- For Stage 1-2 (Red Hat) swimmers the changing rooms will be available to change before their lesson.
- Face coverings are still mandatory for all adults (unless medically exempt) and must always be worn.
After your Wizards swimming lesson
- All swimmers will be given a 10-minute changing window after lessons to briefly dry, dress and leave the facility. Lots of our swimmers already choose to bring a onesie, dry robe, or poncho towel to go home in after a brief towel dry in the changing rooms. We ask that ALL swimmers adopt this where possible to minimise time spent in the changing rooms.
- Only adults with Red hat swimmers / a swimmer under the age of 8 / swimmers who may need assistance changing / or we have agreed with you should enter the changing rooms after lessons. 5 minutes before their lesson finishes, please leave the spectator area and enter the changing rooms via the corridor changing room doors.
- If you are just spectating a swimmer, please leave the spectator area via the corridor after their lesson has finished and wait for them to get changed outside the pool front door.
Leaving the facility
- Swimmers will not be permitted to leave until a member of our team can verify your identity. If not spectating please be ready to collect promptly 5 minutes before the end of your swimmer’s lesson using the signposted area.
- We ask that everyone leaves the facility promptly without chatting or congregating.
NSB pool procedures video (not updated from 2020)
We had fun making a video to help show how our lessons at NSB will look during Phase 1 of our Covid secure swimming lessons, take a look! Please note this is video hasn’t been updated to reflect the new September procedures.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and willingness to support us through this difficult time and remember, we do this for our Wizards!